Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cardio Options for when you just can't make it outdoors...

The weather has been very difficult lately. It was snowing in Nashville and now it won't stop raining in San Diego. Plus, the wind is really picking up. I've put together some great options for getting in your cardio indoors.

1. P90X


P90X is a thing of late night cheesy infomercials that really works. Most of the workouts are weightlifting exercises, but if you can get your hands on the Plyometrics, Kenpo, or Core DVDs then you have some great workouts. I have to admit that while they are hard, they are also incredibly fun. Plus, I love Tony Horton.

2. Insanity
 
I did 22 minutes of the Pure Cardio DVD last night; it's 38 minutes long. Um, my calves and lower back are super sore. I am going to try another DVD tonight, but I have a feeling they are all the same: my legs get sore and tired before my lungs. Still, it was tough and quick which is great during when you don't have a lot of time to train. If you're well trained, I would try this one out. Otherwise, you'll end up like me.

3. Zumba
 
It's not fair for me to be rating this system since I haven't tried it. I did watch the infomercial and I've read reviews online. It looks like it's the new workout craze sweeping the nation. From the videos, it looks more like cardio for the beginner. Unfortunately, anything that appeals to housewives doesn't look too hardcore to me. On the other hand, this video will probably give your heart a good workout while not leaving you too sore to walk like the other two.

No comments:

Post a Comment