Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Euro Post - 1

I'm finally posting from Europe. Oh, happy days!
The Internet connection at most places hasn't been very good. So, here are the highlights of the past week:
Day 1- After we stepped in to our hotel room in London, I could tell Hunter hated it. I honestly thought he was going to walk out. He's used to the finer things in life and we have a 4 week trip to fund with no jobs until July. I can put with almost anything to save a buck so I was fine, but I was really worried he was going to turn around and walk out.
Day 2- We visited the Tower of London and walked 5 miles. 5 miles while it was 80 degrees F in London. We have no AC in our cheap room.
Day 3- While at the ATM, Hunter says to me, "Where's my credit card?" My first thought was that we came across a pick-pocket with a penchant for BofA Visa cards, but it was probably more likely that Hunter "misplaced" it. It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last. Thankfully, he left it on the table at the place we had dinner the night before. If I had 5 bucks for everytime that's happened we would haven been staying in a nicer hotel. Thankfully, we were able to get the card back quickly and be on our way.
Day 4- We took a train to Bath. Hunter ate a Waterbuffalo burger. Where in bloodly hell does one get a Waterbuffalo in England?
Day 5- Stonehenge and Lacock for the win! They filmed parts of Harry Potter in Lacock. And you should Google Stonehenge if you're confused about that one.
(side note: Hunter just said, "John Edwards is going to get off." Then I laughed like a 12 year old boy.)
Day 6- We visited the Roman Baths in Bath. But that's not interesting, you know what is? Bathing with a dish towel. We stayed at the YMCA (I KNOW) and we forgot to bring our own towels. So, I sent out the man to procure some towels while I got all the beauty rest I could muster. He returned with a 5 pack of dish towels. We split evenly, 3 for me and 2 for him.
Day 7- Today! We are in Paris. I have already used all the dirty language I know cursing out a ticket machine. However, the young man at the front desk of out hotel is a hottie. As a result, I'm not allowed dowstairs without a chaperone.
More later....
Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic play-by-play Hannah! Can't wait for the next edition :) (Please tell us more about how you ended up with dishtowels hahaha). Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am assuming the dish towels were an accident? I know there is a language barrier, but a sight barrier as well?

    And we want pictures!

    ReplyDelete